The SRI Publications Database is currently running on Symplectic Element version 3.7 and it will be upgraded to a new version on Tuesday 5th February, between 10am and 3pm. During this period, you will not be able to access SRI Publications Database. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
What is new in the upgraded version?
The way you work in SRI Publications Database will remain essentially the same. The main novel feature is the new landing page. Once you login, you will be able to see, at a glance:
- Your personal details, e.g. total number of publications, publications years, number of Surrey co-authors, H-index
- Your publications summary, with links to your records
- A graph showing your Surrey collaborators and
- A graph showing your publication history
- The data sources feeding your publications
This will help you navigate and use the site more easily than before.
A new feature in the User Profile page is that you will be able to see the list of your most recent publications, the list of your favourites or a list of all your publications.
Altmetric scores will be now displayed against publications. Altmetric tracks scholarly impact on the social web, i.e, it uses mentions on blogs, social media, like Twitter and Facebook, and mainstream media. This metric is an alternative to traditional indicators.
Keep an eye on our blog as we will be posting more information on the new features and other issues regarding open access.