Symplectic, the platform for SRI Publications Database, will be upgraded to a new version on Monday 6 July. The process will start at 10 am and will take a full day to complete.
During this period you will not be able to access Symplectic. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note that staff web pages will also be affected by this upgrade. Automatic updates from Symplectic will be suspended for about 3 weeks, as some additional work is required to synchronise the new version with staff pages.
- The platform has been redesigned following feedback from users. The new interface has a fresh look and feel, to help you navigate and use Symplectic more easily than before.
- The publications view has been greatly improved. You can now have a one-page view of a publication and all its aspects. The page displays all bibliographic and bibliometric data, all record views by data source and all the publication’s connections and keywords. Repository deposits are shown on the left-hand side, in addition to the entire event history of the publication. A limited view is offered to users not associated with a publication.
- A new on acceptance workflow has been designed, to support compliance with HEFCE’s policy:
– manual data entry is much more streamlined, allowing you to enter data more quickly and easily than before;
– the system checks for duplicate records;
– the workflow includes on-screen deposit reminders, new metadata fields and guidance at every step of the process.
New user guides will be available shortly on the SRI website. If you need further guidance on using the platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.