Dear Symplectic users,
As you know, Symplectic upgraded to a new version in July. The new version includes many new features, including:
– a single at-a-glance publications page;
– a workflow that supports REF compliance;
– direct access to Symplectic http://symplectic.surrey.ac.uk from off campus, without the need to login via remote access.
Unfortunately, there are still two unresolved issues. IT services are still working with another supplier to update their systems, which has affected how Symplectic is communicating with other University systems. As a result:
- You will have noticed that staff web pages are not being updated with the latest publications information from Symplectic.
- Any new staff in your Faculty who joined the University after 6 July do not yet have a Symplectic account.
We have been assured that these issues will be resolved by the 14th of October.
We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.