The Open Access team (SRI) have arranged a number of events 19 – 25 October to mark International Open Access Week and 10 years of Open Access being supported at Surrey. Staff are invited to attend these events to celebrate the University’s successes, to gain insight to recent policy changes, and to ask about all things Open Access.
Introductory Talk with Professor Michael Kearney, Vice-Chancellor
Tuesday 20 October, 12 -1pm in 40AA03
- What Open Access means For You and the University – Professor Michael Kearney, Vice-Chancellor
- How the Library has been Supporting Open Access – Caroline Rock, Director of Library and Learning Support Services
- HEFCE Open Access Requirements for REF – Jennifer McCafferty, Research and Enterprise Support
The Open Access team (SRI) will also be available to discuss any queries staff may have regarding Open Access.
If you would like to attend the talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so the team can get an idea of numbers.
During the week, the Open Access team will also be running drop-in sessions for each of the faculties:
- FHMS – Wednesday 21 October, Duke of Kent Foyer, 11am – 1pm.
- FASS – Thursday 22 October, Entrance of Lakeside Coffee Shop, 11am – 1pm.
- FEPS – Friday 23 October, 13BB04, 11am – 1pm.
No need to register for these sessions, just turn up!
The Open Access team look forward to seeing you there.